Database Security: Overview
eSecForte’s database security solutions can protect your company data centers against increasing threats from hackers. We help to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information in databases on all operating systems. Our database security solution encompass a range of security controls to protect the data as well as the underlying infrastructure such as the networks and servers.
Database Security: Challenges
Databases are the most overlooked entities as the target point for data hacking and attacks, yet they are most vulnerable due to the rich repository of information they provide. Organizations can have a huge negative financial impact on their business if their database security is compromised upon. Ransomware is the number one malware costing businesses millions of dollars and downtime for data restoration.
How can we help?
eSecForte’s comprehensive database security solution offer active monitoring, blocking, privileged user and
multi-access control, data encryption, auditing, and reporting. Our solutions can protect your company against
ever-increasing threats and secure data in its place, be it on-premise, cloud, or hybrid environment. Our scanning
tools can uncover database configuration, identification, missing patches, & settings that can cause data leaks,
privilege attacks, or unauthorized data modification. Our offerings are:
● A wide range of database audits for identification of configuration, security, & operational vulnerabilities.
● Perform consistent database scans and use the results from it to penetrate
operating systems and find vulnerabilities that would otherwise be hidden.
● Continually assess, recognize and remove vulnerabilities that can expose the
database by enforcing minimum privileges.
● Strictly enforce user access controls to limit access only to minimum data required.
● Generate detailed database security policy reports that can help in effective
auditing, compliance reporting, and management.
Features of our Database Security Services
Benefits of our Database Security Solutions
1. What security needs of a database does your solution address?
Our security software addresses most security needs including system monitoring, DBMS configuration, authentication, auditing, access, and encryption.
2. Why does my business need database security?
The primary objective is to protect your critical business data from intentional or accidental loss, damage, misuse, and other threats that can endanger database access and integrity.
3. How do you protect my sensitive data in the database?
Our database security in DBMS solutions implements encryption to protect sensitive data in the databases.
4. What are the most common threats to database security?
The most common threats are malicious attacks by an insider, negligent user who makes errors, and an outsider who obtains illegal access via phishing.
5. What are the types of access controls that can be implemented on a database?
The 3 types of access controls that need to be implemented to ensure security are administrative controls, preventive controls, and detective controls.