Burp Suite is an integrated platform for performing security testing of web applications.
Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application’s attack surface, through to finding and exploiting security vulnerabilities. It is designed to support the methodology of a hands-on tester, and gives you complete control over the actions that it performs, and deep analysis of the results. It can automate all kinds of tasks in customizable ways, and lets you combine manual and automated techniques to make your testing faster, more reliable and more fun.
Burp Suite is easy to use and intuitive, allowing new users to begin working right away. Burp is also highly configurable, and contains numerous powerful features to assist the most experienced testers with their work.
- An intercepting Proxy, which lets you inspect and modify traffic between your browser and the target application.
- An application-aware Spider, for crawling content and functionality.
- An advanced web application Scanner, for automating the detection of numerous types of vulnerability.
- An Intruder tool, for performing powerful customized attacks to find and exploit unusual vulnerabilities.
- A Repeater tool, for manipulating and resending individual requests
- A Sequencer tool, for testing the randomness of session tokens
- The ability to save your work and resume working later.
- Extensibility, allowing you to easily write your own plugins, to perform complex and highly customized tasks within Burp.