Secure DevOps / DevSecOps
Integrating DevOps + Security = DevSecOps (Secure DevOps)
What is Secure DevOps ?
Secure DevOps or DevSecOps is a term often used to describe DevOps practices that include security checks and reviews throughout the SDLC.
It is the latest approach that discover security hassles early in the SDLC than after a product or service is introduced. DevSecOps can lower the expenditures involved with fixing security flaws, by constructing security into each and every phase of the development process, from the prerequisite phase onwards. Privacy and security guidelines should be key to any company’s growth through DevSecOps best standards, and they should be backed at board level. Security need to be function of the software development process. Secure DevOps makes nearly everybody accountable for security.
Why DevSecOps ?
Whenever organizations suffer a data breach, organizations do not only incur the cost of data loss and devastation, lost funds, IP theft, business disruption and good reputation harm. Other costs, such as legal and PR costs, drops in share price, interruptions to e-commerce, loss of clients and competitive advantage can also impact organizations affected by cyber crime. A more positive impact is that the entity affected by a data breach focuses on enhancing security, and recognizes software security as a business priority. Too often, until a breach occurs, security is an afterthought, the ‘poor relation’ in the Software Development Cycle. A central tenet of DevSecOps is that security is an integral and essential element of DevOps.
Secure DevOps Best Practices :
- Include security personnel as early as possible in the software delivery lifecycle
- It is valuable to train developers about the attacker’s perspective, practical hacking exercises and vulnerable applications
- Integrating information security into agile development to fully secure work stream at every stage of the SDLC.
- Security tooling in CI/CD
- Coding the compliance requirements
- Coding security principle for better security architecture
- Incident management, Deploy Red teams and Bug Bounties
- Automation & Configuration management
- Secure coding practices
- CI / CD for patching
- Application level Auditing & Scanning
DevSecOps Business Benefits:
- Financial Impact: price minimization is attained by discovering and resolving security hassles throughout the development stages which also boosts the pace of delivery.
- Fast restoration: Restoration rate is upgraded in the situation of a security event by utilizing layouts and pet/cattle strategy.
- Threat hunting can prevent negative visibility, and so can probably improve sales – it is obviously convenient to sell a assured product or service.
- upgraded overall security by minimizing vulnerabilities, reducing insecure defaults, and improving code exposure and automation through the use of immutable infrastructure
- Keeping in step with the innovation that is swift to cybercrime by effectively managing security auditing, monitoring, and notification systems.
- ‘Secure by design’ concept is assured by using automated security code review, automated application security testing, educating, and empowering developers to use secure design patterns.
- Everyone is accountable for security. DevSecOps encourages a culture of openness and transparency, and does so from the earliest stages of SDLC.
- The potential to evaluate different issues which can be noticed by everybody – DevSecOps enables a culture of frequent iterative advancements.
SecDevOps as a service : eSec Forte Technologies
We provide SecDevOps as a service to help our clients to implemented security while using DevOps for their application developments. We help you find vulnerabilities and security issues in early stages of SDLC. This will help Businesses to identify and fix security flaws along with CI / CD (continuous Integration & Continuous Development).
eSec Forte Technologies is an CMMi Level 3 | PCI DSS QSA | ISO 9001:2008 | ISO 27001-2013 certified Cyber Security Audit Company and IT Services Company with service offerings in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services , Amongst our clients we proudly count Government Organizations, Fortune 1000 Companies and several emerging companies.
We are headquartered in Gurugram, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore – India, Sri Lanka & Singapore. Contact our sales team @ +91 124-4264666 you can also Drop us email at firstname.lastname@example.org for Secure DevOps as a service.