Web Application Security Testing
Be Safe of Security Risks with Advanced Web Application Security Testing Services
Web Application Security Testing Services
Web application security testing is always among the most importance for Businesses and firms today as all Web applications are in primary radar of attackers.The reasons are :
- Always presented to the Internet and simple to test by outside attackers utilizing unreservedly accessible devices that search for basic vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection.
- Less demanding to assault than customary targets, for example, the network and host operating system layers which have been solidified after some time.
- Driven by short improvement cycles that expansion the likelihood of design and coding errors — in light of the fact that security is regularly disregarded when the key goal is quick time-to-advertise.
- Assembled from hybrid code acquired from a blend of in-house advancement, outsourced code, outsider libraries and open source — without visibility into which segments contain basic vulnerabilities.
To stay ahead of risks in the application Security layer, Organizations these days are looking for cyber security solutions providers for web application security testing services and solutions.
Web Application Security services are aimed at protecting apps from security issues during the development process. Creation of an application generally involves five processes. It begins with design, development, deployment and ends at upgrade and maintenance. At each of these processes, the Web Application Security Audit service provided by eSec Forte makes sure that any security issues and glitches are detected and prevented at possible early stages.
Common Vulnerabilities identified in Web Application Security testing
Vulnerabilities are the flaw in the applications which enables the attacker to exploit the security of application.
- Buffer Overflow occurs when there is more data in a buffer than it can handle, causing data to overflow into adjacent storage. Learn More
- CRLF Injection refers to the special character elements “Carriage Return” and “Line Feed.” Exploits occur when an attacker is able to inject a CRLF sequence into an HTTP stream.
- Cross-Site Request Forgery Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) is a malicious attack that tricks the user’s web browser to perform undesired actions so that they appear as if an authorized user is performing those actions.
- Cross-Site Scripting XSS vulnerabilities target scripts embedded in a page that are executed on the client-side (in the user’s web browser) rather than on the server-side.
- Directory Traversal Directory traversal is a type of HTTP exploit that is used by attackers to gain unauthorized access to restricted directories and files.
- Failure to Restrict URL Access is one of the common vulnerabilities listed on the Open Web Application Security Project’s (OWASP) Top 10. The OWASP Top 10 details the most critical vulnerabilities in web applications.
- Insecure Cryptographic Storage Insecure Cryptographic Storage is a common vulnerability that occurs when sensitive data is not stored securely from internal users.
- Insufficient Transport Layer Protection is a Web Application Security weakness caused by applications not taking any measures to protect network traffic.
- LDAP Injection LDAP injection is the technique of exploiting web applications that use client-supplied data in LDAP statements without first stripping potentially harmful characters from the request.
- Malicious Code Analysis tools are designed to uncover any code in any part of a software system or script that is intended to cause undesired effects, security breaches or damage to a system.
- OS Command Injection: Command injection refers to a class of critical application vulnerabilities involving dynamically generated content. Attackers execute arbitrary commands on a host operating system using a vulnerable application.
- SQL Injection SQL injection is a type of web application security vulnerability in which an attacker is able to submit a database SQL command, which is executed by a web application, exposing the back-end database.
With the the help of Web Application Security testing Services all the vulnerabilities are identified and removed, making an application secure to attacks.
Security Testing Tools for Web Applications
eSec Forte web Application Security testing solutions include:
- Black box analysis. Web Application Scanning provides dynamic analysis security testing tools that help to identify vulnerabilities in applications running in production.
- White box analysis. Static Analysis provides tools for automated code testing without requiring access to source code, enabling developers to find vulnerabilities in code they write, buy and download.
- Third-party software analysis. Software Composition Analysis helps identify vulnerabilities in open-source and commercial code in third-party components as well as your own software, delivering visibility across your entire application landscape.
- Manual penetration testing. eSec Forte also offers best-in-class penetration testing services to augment automated web application security testing.
Web Application Security Checklist
- Information gathering – Manually review the application, identifying entry points and client-side codes. Classify third-party hosted content.
- Authorization – Test the application for path traversals; vertical and horizontal access control issues; missing authorization and insecure, direct object references.
- Cryptography – Secure all data transmissions. Has specific data been encrypted? Have weak algorithms been used? Do randomness errors exist?
- Denial of service – Improve an application’s resilience against denial of service threats by testing for anti-automation, account lockout, HTTP protocol DoS and SQL wildcard DoS. This doesn’t cover protection from high-volume DoS and DDoS attacks, which are best countered by a combination of filtering solutions and scalable resources.
Contact us for more information.
eSec Forte Web Application Security Audit & Testing Services
As a leading provider of end-to-end cyber security solutions, eSec Forte provides the expertise, experience and insight required to ensure superior web application security. Our web application security services include:
- Assessments to identify issues in code and deliver recommendations for next steps.
- SDLC Program Review and Implementation to improve, advance or create processes that are tailored to the needs of the organization.
- Architecture and Design services with reviews conducted at regular intervals to improve web application security and ensure that security is embedded from the start of the SDLC.
eSec Forte Technologies is an CMMi Level 3 | ISO 9001:2008 | ISO 27001-2013 certified Cyber Security Company and IT Services Company with service offerings in Information Security like VAPT Services, Penetration Testing Services, Vulnerability Assessment Services, Amongst our clients we proudly count Government Organizations, Fortune 1000 Companies and several emerging companies. We are also Value Added Partners, Authorized Resellers & Distributor of Leading Web Application Security Testing Tools
We are headquartered in Gurugram, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore – India & Singapore. Contact our sales team @ +91 124-4264666 you can also Drop us email at email@example.com for Web Application Security Services.