Packet Flood Vulnerability in CISCO UMBRELLA DASHBOARD
eSecForte Technologies Security Researcher – Abhinav Khanna found a Packet Flood vulnerability in Cisco Umbrella Dashboard and it has been assigned CVE-2021-1350.
Cisco Umbrella is a taut cloud-driven Internet Gateway that fortifies users from all kinds of cyber proliferation, no matter the user’s environs. It is one of the most comfortable ways to safeguard the end users anywhere, in minutes.
Description: Packet Flood vulnerability
Packet flood vulnerability occurs when a malicious user fires copious traffic to a system which negatively impacts the working of the environment.
Successful exploitation of this attack can slow down the systems, sometimes leading to DoS.
Proof of Concept:
The following request was found to be vulnerable to packet flood attack which was adversely affecting the application’s working (using HTTPS). Continuous running of this attack might lead to DoS, exhausting allotted memory etc.
- Reported the Vulnerability to the Vendor Security or PSIRT Team.
- Acknowledged confirmed from the Vendor that vulnerability exists
- CVE has been filed in NVD
- The vendor confirmed that the vulnerability is fixed or the latest version, the patch is released
- Vulnerability disclosed to the public.
Has the vendor confirmed or acknowledged the vulnerability?
Abhinav Khanna from eSec Forte Technologies Pvt Ltd